Friday, 6 December 2013

My 5 Favourite Things - actress and writer Lorelei King




1. True crime programs on YouTube.
As a child I loved nothing better than a scary book or movie. I suppose this is the grown-up version of that – without the comfort of saying, ‘don’t worry – it’s just pretend’.

2. Bare Minerals makeup
I was introduced to this pure-mineral makeup several years ago and have never looked back. Love the fact that it has no preservatives – and I’ve never had so many compliments on my skin. I’m wearing it ‘til they put me in the ground from whence these minerals came!

3. Palestrina
One of the happiest moments of my life was hearing the Kyrie from his Papae Marcelli sung at our wedding. Do yourself a favour and download some of this 16th century Italian composer’s music right now. Sublime.


4. Ancient Greek
What could be more thrilling than reading Plato’s ‘Symposium’ in the original Greek? I love everything about classical Greek – the alphabet, the grammar... The first time I read and understood an inscription scratched into an ancient clay pot in the British Museum, I cried. It felt like someone from the past speaking to me.

5. Twitter
Quite simply the best social media platform there is, Twitter is more than self-promotion and cat pictures. All life is there! Entertainment, friendship, real connection. And let’s face it. Reality TV just wouldn’t be the same without sharing it with your tweeps.

True crime photo courtesy of gfairchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment