We’re in New York – and loving it!
What a great time we’ve had at BEA – Book Expo America.
At one of the many inspiring seminars, Megan McMahon of Likeable Media shared the nine tips she and her ‘Buzz Builders’ used to turn her boss’s book into a bestseller – and we’re sharing them with you!
1. Sign up to get noticed (Get busy on blogs!)
2. Thank everyone (Thank people for blog comments and retweets)
3. Humanize (For example, if you’re team-tweeting, make sure people know there are human beings there)
4. Share valuable content (Megan probably doesn’t mean cat videos, but we like them! J)
5. Implement fun incentives (Like contests and giveaways)
6. Utilize location-based platforms (We got a bit lost here, but it had something to do with FourSquare... we think!)
7. Tap into bloggers and influencers (Connect!)
8. Use social media like Twitter as a customer service tool (We love when companies do this...)
9. Stay organised (At least we think that’s what it was – we seem to have lost the last page of notes. Oh no, wait! Here it is.)
Thanks, Megan! Loads of great stuff in there. - LK
Photo by Pratham Books