Friday, 13 April 2012

Happy Friday the 13th!


 
We hope you don’t suffer from Triskaidekaphobia*! We don’t – and we’re celebrating by listing some of our favourite quotes about luck and the part it plays in success.

A good idea is about ten percent and implementation and hard work, and luck is 90 percent. – Guy Kawasaki

Captaincy is 90 per cent luck and 10 per cent skill. But don't try it without that 10 per cent. – Richie Benaud

A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck. - James A. Garfield

Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

And I always found that the harder I worked, the better my luck was, because I was prepared for that.  Ed Bradley

But, he thought, I keep them with precision. Only I have no luck anymore. But who knows? Maybe today. Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready. – Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea

I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.  - Thomas Jefferson

And our favourite:

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. – Seneca

What do you think? Is success largely preparation, perspiration, or luck?

*fear of the number 13

Photo by woodleywonderworks

No comments:

Post a Comment